17th Nottingham Chess Rapidplay
This year’s Nottingham Rapidplay was held at Bramcote Hills Sport and Community College, Nottingham, on 12 March. Numbers were up on last year and the competition ran smoothly.
Here is a summary of the prizewinners.
Open to all players
- 1st equal: M. Barnes (Gambit) and A. Byron (Wigston); £115 each
Open to players graded below 140
- 1st: A. Parmar (West Nottingham); £120
- 2nd: T. Robinson (Redditch); £70
Open to players graded below 110
- 1st: D. Lin (West Nottingham); £120
- 2nd equal: P. Blackburn (Rugby), A. Littlewood (Rotherham Juniors), A. Draper (Birmingham Settlement) and D. Broughton (West Bridgford); £17.50 each